5/18/08

Games, the moon, time and more...

Stuff of life - What I've learned: do NOT pull two very later nighters in a row when you've got kids that are guaranteed up at 7 every morning, and sometimes earlier! Man, am I bagged! Board games with the Newmanns on Friday (Keythedral by the way, which is fun and we must play again so we don't forget the rules) and Rock Band/American Idol with Steve, Tara, Karen, Paul and Melissa last night. Very fun but also very pooped!
Scrap Idea of the day
I Saw a blog with this journalling idea "5 years ago... 5 months ago... 5 days ago... 5 hours ago... 5 minutes ago... In 5 minutes... In 5 hours..." And so forth. Kind of a neat time travel and plans/dreams perspective idea that I must try.
Also, heard a fun show on CBC radio with his guy asking questions like "would you rather spend 10 minutes on the moon or a year in Europe with a $2000 monthly bonus"? I thought it was a totally obviously question as did Jim and he was like "the moon, obviously" and I was like "What? Totally Europe!" Good discussion starter, these "would you rathers" and interesting scrap idea!
Spiritual insight of the day
Okay, this isn't mine, but I've been reading The Purpose Driven Life, and today's message (day 6) is "Life is a Temporary Assignment." Basically the jist of it is do what you can with what you've got but don't get attached to the stuff of this world because this time on earth is just a blink compared to eternity with God. Good message for me as Jim and I look at our lives and future and finances.
Still learning
Today's big accomplishment blog-wise: inserting a photo (Carmen sleeping on my chair) into the post. Okay, certainly not brain surgery, but another accomplishment to celebrate :)

No comments: