5/19/08

It's All for Him

Stuff of Life To be honest I felt a bit blue today… until this evening that is. As I told another mum in Miriam’s music class, I feel like my life is so repetitive. Today I went downstairs to find clothes for the kids and I was like “Didn’t I just fold this laundry LAST week? What gives?” My life feels like it revolves around meals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner… plus the milk buffet Carmen enjoys all day) and housework. Blech! But my three kids reeled me in again – Carmen had a huge smile fest this evening, cooing and wide mouthed grins which just make me smile too! Finnegan ran out to the veranda to wave goodbye when Miriam and I went to music lessons, and when he ran back in he had that adorable little diaper bum wiggle and I thought “one day, I won’t see that anymore… I should enjoy it while it’s here!” Miriam was super sweet at music lessons, being silly acting like a banana (learning about Beethoven’s 5th symphony if you can believe it) and another mum commented “is she ever beautiful” which of course makes my heart swell with pride! Anyways, I still face an enormous pile of laundry tomorrow, groceries and more, but I’ll be trying to appreciate the little things, knowing this crazy busy time in my life won’t last… and I’ll miss it when it’s gone. Scrap Idea of the Day Graphic design is a huge influence on my scrapbooking. I found this website: http://www.thedieline.com/blog/ that led me to some cute card samples that I MUST try soon! Above are some of my faves. Spiritual Insight of the Day Again, not my own insight, but a summary of day 7 in The Purpose Driven Life. “It’s all for Him.” That’s right – everything. This caught my attention because I sometimes feel like maybe scrapbooking is a waste of time – spiritually that is. But I get such joy out of creating, telling stories, playing with beautiful colours and images. Can that be bad? But the point is, I’m enjoying things that God created… beauty, colour, texture, language, rhythm, order… so, yeah, I shouldn’t spend my entire income (via Jim’s paycheque ;) on scrap stuff, but I should enjoy the process and product because even in this I can glorify God. Still Learning TOTALLY PSYCHED! Hear that? That’s the sound of my Playlist! Oooooh! Music! Seriously so excited to have found this awesome website and built my own list of tunes that so reflect me – my personality, and history. What fun! This is certainly not a baby step, as it takes a bit of time and maneuvering to get the list attached to the site, but SO WORTH IT! Thanks for Reading!

No comments: