8/1/08

I've Missed Being Ever-Present Mummy - That's a Surprise!

Stuff of Life I haven't updated in a while... soooo busy. I'll share more later, but I wanted to get this posted before I forget. Finny came down from bath time today all towelly sweetness and said "I not have underwear." "Not yet," I said. "But are you going to have underwear when you grow up to be big like daddy?" "Uh-huh." "And is Miriam going to grow up to be big like daddy too?" At this point Miriam walks in and says "No, I'm going to have babies!" "Oh really?" "Yes, and I'm going to marry Finnegan" (We haven't yet explained the full concept of marriage except for the fact that it happens when two people love each other so much they want to be together always. So Miriam frequently speaks of her intention to marry her brother... We are not from the Ozarks. Seriously we're not. Is that how you spell Ozarks? I'm too tired to cross reference.) Anyways. Miriam continues. "I'm not going to marry Jonah." (She usually wants to marry Jonah, her cousin, which is slightly better, but we'll still have to break it to her some time this whole interfamily relations thing!) She shakes her head. "I'm not marrying him because remember when he was here for two days? He was reeeally grumpy! So I'm going to marry Finnegan." That girl makes me laugh. So does my boy and my pumpkin baby. Finnegan is so typically two. Starting to come into his own, displaying some stubbornness when he doesn't get his own way, and so communicative. He thinks he's so funny and he is really, just in a very two-year-old way. He often says or does things and smiles at me and asks "Is that so silly?" (actually it sounds more like "Is dat so dilly?" CUTE!) His big thing these days is saying "This is no" (nodding) and "This is yes" (shaking his head). He thinks backwards stuff is hilarious. But what's so funny is watching him try to coordinate saying "No" and nodding at the same time because he gets this concentrated smile on his face like he's trying to pat his head and rub his tummy at the same time. Silly. I just love him so much! I've got to write down his mannerisms before I forget them... There are some really precious habits he's got. Carmen is soooo sweet. I hope she doesn't resent me later for categorizing her as a sweet baby as opposed to adorable or cut or precious. I mean, she's all those things too, but she is so much more than that as well, and when you put it all together right now, she is pure sweetness, plain and simple. She is the BEST baby (don't tell the others!) She is so easy going and always happy. She's starting to figure out that her arms and legs are attached to her brain and that she can occasionally coordinate the two toward some common goal (like sucking on "Girrafimo" her hanging toy) She almost never cries. I mean never. I think she spends maybe a total of two minutes a day crying (unless she's gassy which can last a grand total of 6 minutes). I'm glad to be back to full time Mummy now. More on my absence later. All I can tell you is it's been an Orff-ully busy two weeks! Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!!
I LOVE your writings!!!
So nice to "meet" you!!

Regards
wilna