6/3/08

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Stuff of Life Ever had a day that seemed to move in slow motion? That was today for me. I can’t believe it took us until 10 to get out of the house to go shopping, and I honestly can’t explain why. The store was crazy busy, and the line up about a half hour wait… at least they had cookies for us near the end! Despite the slow-mo, the day’s been great. Hung out with my girl for a bit while the little ones napped… I just love her conversational style these days. It’s so grown up and articulate. She’s using phrases like “Seriously mum,” and “No, probably not” and talking to her imaginary friends “So I was like, that’s so irritating.” My boy’s picking up some grown up vocab too. I sat down on the couch to read him a story the other day and he says to me “Aksee I dit deya.” (Actually, I sit there) He’s still working on some sounds (“Binny dop Bork ona goun” isn’t a return of the muppet’s Swedish chef, it means “Finny dropped fork on the ground.”) As for Carmen, she mostly sucks – literally! Life is good. I could complain – really I could, but what’s the point? Sometimes you’ve gotta consciously ignore your gripe and sit back and say “Life is good!” So… Life is good! Spiritual Insight of the day. I confess. After all that the other day about getting back to basics, I didn’t… not yet anyways. But I will. Seems like I’m making choices to do other stuff lately. No one to blame but myself really. But it’s still in my mind. Scrapbook Idea of the day Seriously loving Ali Edward’s Blog these days. Check it out, and follow some of her links. Really creative inspiration, and lots of up to date info on what’s hot out there! I’m purging my supplies these days. I made a big order with a friend of mine for some papers and stuff, so I’m trying to use up my odds and ends to make room. Still scrapping from my crop bag. So long as I limit my space, I figure I’ll also limit my budget, prioritize my projects, make the process simpler by minimizing choice etc… Of course, I do sometimes dream of a scrapbook room stocked to the rafters!

No comments: