10/1/08

Day Three - Document a Week in the Life

Stuff of Life
Is there something wrong with me?
I’ve been reading other people’s blogs, mostly fellow scrapbookers like myself because I often find cool tips and neat ideas on their blogs. Most of it is good. It’s real. Like the woman who posted pictures of her kids in the rain, soaked from puddle jumping and noted “the laundry isn’t done…still”. Or the women who are mourning for a two parents burned in a plane crash and their children waiting for a slow recovery (85% to the mother… she was is beautiful).
But lately I’m really wondering what it is that makes me so different it seems from the great “them” out there. The ones who post how wonderful and sweet and cool their husbands are. Or who share about how they scrapbooked with their kids while lying on the lawn in the sunshine and there’s proof they really did it because there are pictures on their blogs. Or the ones who post regularly, like clockwork, amazing layouts and projects with interesting (time consuming) techniques.
Don’t get me wrong. The DH (which I think stands for dear husband since I see it written in that context often, but for all I know it could mean dreadful handful or disastrous headache) is a good guy. And my kids are not holy terrors. And I sometimes find time to scrapbook.
But am I the only one not ga-ga over my husband’s fantasticism (yes, I made up that word).
Am I the only one who sometimes counts the minutes until quiet time so I can finally be alone?
Am I the only one who is lucky to get an hour a week with my favourite outlet of artistic expression?
I do not judge others or envy them (not in this case anyways). But sometimes I wonder… “how do they do it?”
I don’t pity myself (over this issue anyways). But sometimes I wonder… “one day, will that be me?”
So I keep truckin’ through this life. Busy, swamped really, and barrelling on through all the ups and downs and late nights and early mornings and wet diapers and dishes galore and course assignments and places to be and people to see.
I’m a juggler, and I drop the balls on a regular basis, but so long as those balls aren’t my kids (note I didn’t specify the DH – last week I forgot to put the key in the mailbox and he was locked out for an hour- oops), we’re okay.
We’re okay.
I’m okay.
Onward.
Scrapbook Idea of the Day
Still documenting my life bit by bit. I'm actually pretty happy with the progress I'm making, and some of the shots I'm getting. Should be an interesting album when (if) I get time to put it all together! So I thought I'd show off some of the pictures I'm loving. Here's just a few from yesterday and today:

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are not the only one. I don't see my boy all day, and then about an hour after we get home I start counting down minutes to bedtime. And of course I love him, but I'm exhausted! Who can blame you for feeling as you do? Raising 3 hoodlums 4 and under, taking courses toward your master's, helping your fantastic man plan lectures late into the night. You are not weird, you are human. If you were peppy and blogging about how sweet your life is 100% of the time, I'd suspect you were on speed, or I might take a screwdriver to you to check if you are a robot.

Vickie N. said...

You are hilarious! I happened upon your blog from Ali Edwards' blog (http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/11/week-in-the-lif.html).

Hear hear is all I say and way to keep it real. I think I've had the same thoughts myself...shoot, I've got a 2yr old and almost 4 month old twin boys. DH...I've wondered and guessed that's what it meant too. Don't get me wrong, he's great and all and my kids aren't holy terrors either, but sometimes I think to myself...will you just go to sleep already?

Hilarious. I'll definitely keep reading.

Vickie