10/21/08

Food Glorious Food

Stuff of Life Addendum to yesterday's things I Never Thought I'd Say: #241 Don't pick your nose with a spoon. (Note I didn't just say "don't pick your nose". That's a whole other battle that I'm generally willing to turn a blind eye to.) I'm thinking about my one meal. You know, "What would you choose to eat if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life." If it was just one thing like tacos, I'd soon go insane, so I assume a full course meal complete with dessert. Sometimes I think in terms of breakfast lunch dinner but that really comes a bit too close to my monotonous reality (cheerios, sandwiches, and pasta are my daily reality in case you wondered). My meal (and tomorrow it might be different but based on how I feel today) would be: Salad: Greek with lots of feta, black olives with pits, no lettuce Soup: Cauliflower cheese (recipe out of the moosewood) with real parmesean sprinkled on top. Entree: This is a tough one but I'm going to have to say five cheese pesto spinach lasagne (the five cheeses are cheddar, mozzarella, parmesean, asiago, and gouda) which I've only truly had a few times in its complete glory, but which is SOOOOO good. Dessert: Bread pudding from the Highlevel Diner. There are peanut butter cookies in my oven which is why I am currently so food obsessed. Timer's going off. Over and out.

No comments: